Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What's New

Welcome back my lovelies! So this is what I was up to today. I've been dabbling lately in cheese making since I had way too much milk approaching it's end. So far I've made cottage cheese (which I think I squeezed too much since it now looks like ricotta), a small batch of ricotta cheese from the leftover whey, and my personal fave..... Cream cheese. To make the cream cheese I had to buy raw milk, which I am fortunate to live in a state that has a ton of whole food and farmer's markets. It was pretty cool watching the milk separate over a 4 day period. I will post pictures and instructions on a future date, I just wanted to make sure I did it right. This is the process I'm going through now. I want to make sure I'm doing things right so I can then share them with you all. Recipes I share with you will be things I've done right, work well and can use in my home. I also have a small start up business I began last year called Homemade by Emma. I made an awesome goats milk soap that moved pretty fast as well as a Shea butter soap bar, coconut oil soap, a bar for babies, candles, skin and hair care (which is all I use), lip balms and a variety of other things like gift baskets, baby and bridal goodies and baked goods. All made by yours truly and shipped with care. So for those of you who want some great homemade stuff and just don't feel like being a DIY junkie like I am, I will gladly do it for you!! (visa and m/c accepted via paypal) Shoot me an email with what you want or any ideas, and if I can do it, I will.
Anywho, back to my day. Since I had  a bunch of whey left I also decided to make a Country Whey Loaf, and Sour Dough Bread (has no whey in it, but dammit if we don't love us some sour dough). Again, if they turn out awesome I will post pics and instructions. I says this right now, I HATE kneading dough but my kitchen aid mixer bowl is full of Potato Gnocci dough so I had to knead by hand. Booooo! Yup, I made the Gnocci too. Going back to the cream cheese, I made garlic, onion and sesame bagels too. Yummy. I will use my daughter as guinea pig for the cream cheese in the morning. I took a moment from when I started this post to finish the whey bread, bagels, gnocci and dinner so now I'm back. The bread looks pretty good. Now that my mixing bowl is back, I can properly knead the bread and it will hopefully come out bigger. I'll be off now to do the next steps for the sour dough. Let you know how that comes out tomorrow.
Blessed be all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment