Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hello All!!

Welcome to my blog! My name is Emma, and I am a suburban semi-homesteader. While I would love to be a full on homesteader, I live in the burbs and zoning laws prevent me from owning anything that can be raised for food like chickens, pigs, goats and such. Bummer =(
I can however, grow most of my own fruits and veggies, so that's better than nothing. First off, I would like to give credit where it is due, and that would be...... Pintrest. I've been on Pintrest for about a year now, and I gotta tell ya, it has changed the way I do things at home. We are a family of 6 and while financially we are in an okay spot, it still helps to have a budget to make sure we stay above water. So growing and making a lot of our food and making everyday house hold items, like soaps, face and hair care and cleaning products have become essential. Not only is it better for my family and the environment, but the money saved over time allows us to live comfortably and not live pay to pay. With the cost of living constantly on the rise, every bit helps. There is a start up cost associated with DIY, but when you're making things like laundry soap, you're not using everything you bought all at once. The small amounts you do use make the finished product come out to be pennies on the dollar. Things not to skimp on are high quality coconut oil, honey, Dr. Bronner's liquid castille soap and essential oils. Again though, a little goes a long way with these babies. All the recipes I will discuss, I've made, use and love, and all my DIY renovations and projects are all budget friendly. Hope you enjoy. Blessed be all!

No comments:

Post a Comment